Are you are a visionary looking for an environment in which you can grow your talents? Our culture thrives by allowing our team members to be innovative and candid - we look for bright minds who want to change the game and make a difference!
At Paradigm IT Group, we know that our employees are our most vital assets. Our employees make us a leader in providing Information Technology products and services to our diverse client base. We offer our employees a broad spectrum of career and technological opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for the positions listed below. If you are qualified and ready to join our talented team, email your resume to careers [at] paradigmitgroup [.] net. Be sure to reference the Job Title in your subject line.
The Network Administrator position is responsible for the timely support of hardware, network and software requests. This possible is responsible for making sure that computer hardware and network infrastructure related to the data network is effectively maintained. This position is also responsible for network security.
• Responds to end user requests for support of business relevant network or security issues.
• Network monitoring and overall network health. Performs capacity planning to prevent bottlenecks and knowledge of how to use packet/network analyzer.
• Testing the network for weakness and vulnerabilities.
• Applying updates and security patches to all network devices.
• Installing and implementing security programs
• Evaluating network management and security software
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Supports, maintains and updates the network firewalls, Ethernet switches, and phone system.
• Maintains current with knowledge of relevant technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Evaluates network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, latency
• Installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Demonstrated effective trouble-shooting skills, customer service oriented approach to delivering IT solutions and a genuine “team player” attitude.
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to install, configure and maintain networks, and/or related hardware and software.
• Reliable, diligent / hard-working, willing to go the extra mile.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to work and perform maintenance after business hours and occasional weekends.
• Provide Tier III support for Helpdesk tickets for LAN/WAN, firewall and phone system.
• Providing security, threat management, compliance (HIPAA and/or SOX) and firewall management.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in supporting networks (LAN/WAN).
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with security and/or firewalls.
• Cisco switch and VLAN experience.
• Experience with firewall support.
• Experience with wireless access points.
• Experience with supporting a phone system.
• Ability to communicate and understand requirements of professional staff.
• Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred but not required.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in network or system administration.
• Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted.
OPTIONAL EXPERIENCE (BUT NOT REQUIRED):
• Providing compliance for HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
• ShoreTel phone server administration.
• Intrusion detection and data loss prevention.
• Cisco Catalyst Ethernet switches.
• Fortinet firewall or UTM (unified threat management)
• Solarwinds monitoring system (NPM and SAM).
• Symantec Endpoint Protection Anti-Virus.
• SIEM (Security Information & Event Management) experience.
• Knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines.
• VPN, SSL, IPSEC, RADIUS, and server virtualization (Vmware or Hyper-V)